|About • Cycles • Judges • Contestants • Galleries • Aid Wiki|
|Home:||Bronx, New York|
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Debut:||The Girl Who Wants It Bad|
|Last:||The Girl Who Drives Everyone Crazy|
Ebony was born in Bronx, New York in 1979. She went through the foster care system until she was able to be adopted by family.
Ebony is perhaps best known for her over the top reactions and expressions on the show. She was vocal about being a proud lesbian at auditions, and later her reaction of hysterical crying to a confident face at being called to the final cast is still frequently used as a gif in internet culture.
In episode two, Ebony tried to hide Tyra-mail from the challenge winners Giselle, Katie, Nicole and Adrianne while they were away, but Shannon and Robin stopped her and went to go tell them in the lobby before they left. Ebony later confessed to Adrianne when they got home, which lead to Robin arguing with Ebony on bad sportsmanship. When Robin started the prayer circle, Ebony stared directly at the camera and rolled her eyes.
In episode three, Ebony expressed anger over her mistreatment at the makeover salon, including down to the way the woman was cutting her hair. She exploded in a rant while Robin, Elyse and Giselle were laughing hysterically. She was later placed in the bottom two for how bad the texture of her skin looked in the snake photo, but she was saved over Nicole.
In episode four, Ebony used a skin moisturizer. Problems arose when the girls couldn't touch things like doorknobs because they were covered in grease. Later in the episode, she got into an argument with Giselle for being lazy and asking for a massage. She then invites her girlfriend, Ka, to spend the night in the house, to the discomfort of Robin and Shannon. At panel, Ebony is eliminated for doing the worst at the Freshlook commercial and the script challenge at judging. She did not hug or say her goodbyes to the other girls after getting eliminated.
After the show, Ebony signed to Downtown and Uptown Model Management. She was in Esquire magazine in 2007, where she won their 2007 Hostess of the Year award. She posed with Cycle 11 and 17 alum Sheena Sakai for Height magazine in 2011.
In October 2020, she was interviewed live on Oliver Twixt's Instagram. There, she cleared up that she didn't mean to mispronounce Giselle's name as "Ginselle", and she explained what was going through her mind during the show.
Ebony's fight with Robin was an honorable mention on MsMojo's YouTube video "Top 10 Craziest Fights on America's Next Top Model".
- Ebony is the first lesbian Top Model contestant.
- Ebony is the first girl in Top Model history to receive best photo of the week.
- Ebony is the first girl to be in the bottom two for two weeks in a row.
- Ebony is the first girl to be eliminated on a non-photoshoot week.
- Ebony is the only girl in ANTM history to have a significant other visit her in the house, without being part of a challenge prize or producer scheduled event.
- She is the first black girl to be eliminated in Top Model history.
- She was the first contestant from New York.
- As of 2020, her and Ka are still close friends.
- In her Oliver Twixt interview, she revealed that she encouraged Elyse to get oatmeal at the pizza place because of her apprehension. She also said that she didn't hug any of the girls goodbye because they moved out of her way when she walked towards the door.
- She has dyslexia.
- "When it comes to prayer, I will always hold hands. But Robin, this is not a Bible study program. This is not a... sorority. I'm sorry, this is a model competition."
- "I'm talking and you're singing in the middle of me talking, Robin!"
- "It is very upsetting to an African American woman to walk into a salon and have the person do her hair incorrectly! It is very inappropriate!"
|Cycle 1 Contestants|